Here is a birth plan template for you and your partner to print and use together. When completing this, you may want to consider the following:
- What would you like your healthcare team to know about you both? Examples could be anything in your previous history, any personal wishes, any cultural traditions etc
- Would you like to acknowledge your previous loss and if so, how?
- What would you like to avoid? This could be to do with the environment, or to do with your care during labour. There may be something particularly triggering for you both.
- What things are important to you both? Would you both like to try skin to skin? Would you like to cut baby’s cord? What else is important for you both?
- What sort of pain relief would you like to think about, if any? Info on options can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/pregnancy/labour-and-birth/what-happens/pain-relief-in-labour/
- How would you like the birth environment to be? Dim lights? Music? It’s up to both of you!